Our facebook page just recently got 500+ likes in a span of 2 weeks. I don’t know about you but that’s a huge break for my blog ❤️✨ I am very glad and grateful for people who appreciate and share the same passion as mine.
As a thank you gift (and a reason to celebrate ‘coz it’s my grandma’s birthday as well), I’ve decided to make a Chocovanilla Cake. I originally planned to make a vanilla cake but life is too short to have it with one flavor so I added chocolate in my ingredient list, hence, chocovanilla 😁.
For the Cake, You’ll Need:
1. 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
2. 1 1/2 cups of white refined sugar
3. 3 teaspoons of baking powder
4. 1 teaspoon of salt
5. 1 1/2 cups of milk
6. 3 medium sized eggs
7. 1 teaspoon of vanilla
8. 2 9 inch spring baking pan
Here’s a video below on how I made it. I usually use my Nikon D5100 with 50 mm portrait lens for shooting baking videos but unfortunately, I cannot find my tripod so I used my iphone 8 plus (4k at 60 fps) for shooting instead. What’s funny was I hanged my phone upside down from the ceiling just to record this! I guess i need to buy those fancy over head tripods :))
1. Mix the dry ingredients first (flour, baking powder, salt)
2. Beat sugar with butter until creamy. You can use electric spinner but for this blog, I just used spatula instead.
3. Mix milk, eggs and vanilla syrup in a separate bowl.
4. Gradually mix all the ingredients with spoon until well combined. (about 2-4 minutes)
5. Add some sprinkles for fun! (optional)
6. Divide the batter into two equal parts. Put in 2 buttered pans. (This is to prevent the cake from sticking once it’s baked.)
7. Preheat oven at 350F and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
8. Let it cool before decorating to prevent the icing from melting.
*I used microwaved chocolates mixed with icing sugar plus butter as an icing for my cake and topped it of with more sprinkles 💫
After baking different stuff for my blog, this is the first time that my mom and sister actually complimented it! I wish I could physically give this to my grandma whose birthday was yesterday. We chatted via facebook and looks like she already saw my post and was thankful for it 😁
To end my recipe blog post, cheers to Much Love, J’s 500 + likes on facebook! Looking forward to promote my blog even more on social media 🙂 Thanks for all the love!❤️
Much Love, J