Take time to do what makes you happy.
How would you make a delicious dessert even more delicious? By adding some dulce de leche touch! I know, cheesecake itself is already awesome. It is nothing but a source of pure bliss (well any kind of dessert is). Now I tried to smash it with much more awesomness by adding dulce de leche caramelized sauce into it! It is basically a cheesecake with dulce de leche sauce and of course everything is homemade! Let me show you how to do it in an easy step by step process.
Road to heaven / diabetes: 😀
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 package of cream cheese (250g) each
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups of crushed Graham Crackers
- Preheat oven 425 °F.
- Crush Graham crackers and mix it with butter.
- Press the mixture in a 9 inch spring form pan. This serves as the crust of the cake.(You can use spoon or glass or your bare hands to press the mixture firmly.)
- Pour on the condensed milk in a pie pan, cover it with foil and steam it under an inch of boiling water. Use the preheated oven from the step 1 to do this. Wait for an hour. (Caramelization process)
- While waiting, beat the cream cheese until soft then mix in the sugar.
- After an hour, get the caramelized condensed milk, whisk it and get 1/2 cup of it. Leave the rest and put it in the fridge for latter use.
- Mix in the 1/2 cup of caramelized condensed milk onto the mixture of cream cheese and sugar. Blend well.
- Add the eggs gradually and whisk the mixture slowly.
- Preheat again the oven this time for 350°F.
- Pour on the mixture onto the spring form pan with pressed crust.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let it cool. Chill it for minimum of four hours and serve it with the remaining caramelized milk. *Heat the caramelized milk in the microwave first before pouring it onto the cheesecake.
Other Ideas for topping:
- any kind of fresh fruits
- peanut butter