Cakes and pastries are just some of the countless sweet treats you can give to your loved ones. Making them by yourself adds a little “specialness” to the dessert.
January 26, 2018 was a busy day for me. It was my sister’s birthday and I have always planned of throwing a mini party for her tho we didn’t invited anyone to come lol. I just wanted to make her feel special. ❤️😊 She’s not a fan of any kind of dessert that’s why it was kinda hard for me to prepare something that would impress her. Luckily, I came across some of instagrammable cake photos in the internet that served as an inspo. I wanted something easy, quick yet yummy to make since I only got 2 or 3 hrs max to prepare everything. I woke up around 7 in the morning that day. Did some grocery shopping. Called the store where I planned to buy my sister’s gift, reserved it so I could just pick it up for later. Drove straight to michaels to shop for some party decors. (Will make a separate blog for my Michael’s inspired party table). Went back to our house and did some magic. 🙂
I decided to make confetti cake since it looked so much fun and easy to make. Besides, what’s a party without a cake anyway right?
Cake Ingredient List:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon fine salt
1 stick unsalted butter (some extra for the pans)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
5 large eggs
rainbow sprinkles for decorating
3 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup of Philadelphia whipped cream cheese
3 sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature
1/4 cup milk
Pinch fine salt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Mix dry ingredients first (flour, baking powder, salt). Leave sugar on side.
2. Mix butter, sugar and vegetable oil. Add milk.
3. Add the eggs gradually plus vanilla extract. Bate well.
4. Mix the dry and wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add some sprinkles. Set aside. *in my video, i didn’t use any electric mixer since I was too lazy to look for it. Unfortunately, the texture became a bit dry because of this. So I recommend using electric mixer in mixing the batter.
5. Preheat oven at 350 degrees celsius.
6. Butter 2 9 inch pan. Pour the batter.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let it cool for about minimum of 10 mins before adding the frosting.
Frosting Directions: Mix everything. Add rainbow sprinkles for some texture.
The best part of making a cake is cake decorating! Unfortunately, my frosting was not thick enough since i manually whipped it. I recommend using electric mixer in whipping 🙂
Overall, it tasted good. The mini party for my sister went well. ❤️ I put some of the cake on the side and brought it to work the next day. Surprisingly, my colleagues liked it! 😁 If you are looking for an easy emergency cake recipe, I definitely recommend this. 🙂
Much Love, J