Aside from guacamole, avocado goes better with a toast. It’s my go-to food whenever I crave for carbs (while pretending to be healthy 😁) I don’t know about you but I find smashing food to be f-u-n! Let me share to you my simple 5 minute easy recipe. I call it “Heaven on Earth” Avocado Toast.
You’ll be needing:
1) 2-3 pcs of ripe avocado
2) Red pepper flakes (cayenne pepper)
3) Sunny side egg (for each toast)
4) Slices of Mozzarella Balls
6) Finely chopped chives
7) Whole grain bread
8) Salt and pepper to taste
9) 1tsp of lime per avocado
How to Do it?
1) I recommend to smash the avocado first before toasting the bread for it not to lose its “crunchiness” while you prepare other ingredients. (Add the lime while smashing.)
2) Fry sunny side eggs.
3) Toast the bread.
4) Add the slices of mozzarella right away for it to melt. (more cheese more fun!)
5)Spread the smashed avocado on top.
6) Add the sunnyside egg afterwards.
7) Top it off with some bacon bits and finely chopped chives.
8) Salt and pepper to taste. *Optional
I find the toppings to be simple and very straight forward that makes it an easy go-to food. The avocado makes it buttery and the lime gives it a twist. The gooey cheesy mozarella will make you want for more!
I just want to add that we don’t want some of the ingredients to slip while we’re eating. We need some friction in between those ingredients. It’s all about the layering that makes it perfect (and much easier to eat). I like it having for brunch. It goes better with oj for drink. You’ll surely have that energy you needed for the day!
Do you have any other avocado toast recipe in mind? I would love to hear them! I might feature it here in my blog 😉
Much Love, J