Christmas is just around the corner and there’s a lot of gift wrapping, decorating, cooking and of course, EATING needed to be done 😀 While some people don’t have anything to do, I keep myself busy and squeeze in my “me time” in between my two jobs and studies. Here’s what I got in mind.
Since Christmas is getting near and I did not had any chance to join my mom in decorating our Christmas tree, I decided to make my own mini Christmas tree that I could eat. 😀
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A box of Cherry Tomatoes
- Thin slices of cucumbers
- Colorful toothpicks
- Jar of olives
- Barbecue sticks
- An apple
- Fancy plate (optional)
- Cut the apple in half. Remove the stem. This serves as your tree’s base.
- Punch in the barbecue stick thru the middle part of apple.
- Arrange the thin slices of cucumbers according to its size (biggest to smallest) and begin punching in the cucumbers thru the barbecue stick until you reach the top.
- Use one piece of cherry tomato as the tree’s star on top.
- Here’s the fun part. By using colorful toothpicks, cover the base all over with cherry tomatoes.
- Use the remaining slices of cucumbers in garnishing your plate.
– Colorful toothpicks may melt its color unto tomatoes as well as on your fingers.
– Put in the fridge if not eaten to remain its freshness.
– Usually served as an appetizer.
You don’t need any expensive things to have a merry Christmas, you just have to use what you have and do what you love 🙂