As it says on the title, it is a cake in the mug!
There was a time when me and my partner were really craving for a chocolate cake but we were too lazy to go out and buy. We wanted to bake one to satisfy our cravings but we did not want to spend too much time on baking. We cannot wait that long. So we decided to google what kind of dessert could we do in less than an hour. And then we came across the Mug Cake. Before then, it was all new to us. We were like whaaat? a cake in a mug? no way! and the other crazy thing about it is it just takes 5-10 minutes to prepare it! we were too excited about it. So here’s what we did.
What do you need:
- 1 microwave – safe mug
- 1 pc of egg
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 spoon of butter
- 1 pc of orange
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dark chocolate bar *any brand will do (optional)
- 1 white chocolate bar *any brand will do (optional)
How did we do it:
- Whisk all the dry ingredients into the bowl.
- Add the butter and egg then mix again.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze all the juices to the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the microwave – safe mug. *You might want to have enough space at the head of the mug for the cake to rise without spilling it when it’s done.
- Microwave the mug cake for 1 minute and 30 seconds and/or until you see the cake rise from the mug.
- Melt the dark chocolate bar in a pan while waiting for your mug cake in the microwave.
- When it’s done, transfer the mug cake in a plate then pour over the melted dark chocolate bar. **I know we should not have put it in a plate or we could’ve just called it Plate Cake right? but we find it easier to share the cake when we place it on a plate since it’s the two of us craving for it.
- Finally, use the white chocolate as a topping. Serve and enjoy!
It was very satisfying to think it was only prepared in a short span of time! Ther are A LOT of different flavors of mug cakes to choose from and this is the only thing we tried to learn because we only have the ingredients for a chocolate flavor at that time.
Any dessert is sweet but it is more sweeter and satisfying when you share it! Tell me your thoughts!