I’m a huge fan of a good matte lippies but I am not willing to spend money since there are lots of seriously amazing drugstore brands that could compete to those expensive ones. They’ve been stepping up in making formulas that could compete (or even better) with the high-end ones. Check these 5 matte lippies I personaly use daily. 😉
5. Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lip Color – Winter makes lips a lot drier than usual. I decided to purchase this product with its promising hydrating effects. It didn’t disappoint. I chose the Lava shade since i like vampy shade effect most especially during winter. The product comes in a long slim lip bullet twist type which makes it easily to apply. You won’t need a lip brush since the diameter is slim enough. (though i’m not sure about people with thin lips, a lip brush might be helpful).
The scent is lightly sweet which I liked. The downside of this product is that it has a short wear time (2-4 hrs) so you might wanna bring it with you all the time to do some touch ups.
4. L’oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss – I find it hard to fix matte lippies when i do some mistakes in applying. This product is perfect for those who are not pro in applying lippies since it feels glossy at first application which makes it easier to fix. They will not look completely matte at first application. You have to dry it for few seconds to achieve a semi- matte look.
It feels glossy all throughout the day but it really does look like a matte lippie that lasts all day. What I loved about this product is it doesn’t leave your lips dry unlike the other matte products. My lips usually flakes off at the end of the day whenever I wear lipstick. This product helps you achieve the matte look with glossy velvety feel which is a win win. The product comes in a medium sized clear tube bottle with diamond sponge applicator which makes it easy in applying it in corners of your lips.
The only downside of this product is that it doesn’t last long. It only lasts for about 2-4 hours. I had to do some touch up every now and then. With a clumsy person like me, the product also tends to go everywhere (hair, face, hands or even, sometimes, clothes).
3. Maybelline Color Blur – A twist up type lip pencil that offers 10 shades to choose from. since I’ve been buying nude color lippies. I’ve decided to get Plum, Please shade for a change. The lip pencil comes with a blurring smudger and lipstick cream itself at the other end.
I originally purchased this because i’ve been eyeing some korean models who wears their lipstick with faded effect. It really looked natural. I thought the smudger would help me to achieve that look since im no pro in doing my make up and it didn’t disappoint. What I liked about this product is that it spreads easily. I could wear it with the faded effect that i had always wanted and i could do full lip effect. The pencil is not too thick nor thin which helps in easy application.
Just like the other matte lippies, do not wear it if you have dry lips since it will form patches. The product lasted for about several hours (that is with a lot of eating, drinking and talking). I rarely do touch ups when I use this product.
2. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream – with the 34 different shades to choose from, i chose London shade. It has a rich and creamy texture. It will feel glossy at first application. You need to let it dry for few seconds to achieve the matte effect. It doesn’t disappoint. It has a light sweetish scent to it that goes away in time. It comes in a small tube packaging with a sponge applicator that works perfectly fine.
The only thing that bugs me is that the applicator wand is too short and it’s hard for me to maneuver the way i wanted it. (I’m not a pro make up artist and I do wear make up almost everyday), though the sponge works perfectly and precisely.
Since it comes in a small packaging, the product only lasted for few weeks with daily usage. Just like other lippies, it works well with moisturized lips. Using this with dry lips will leave horrific patches so make sure to moisturize.
1. Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick – for starters, i could say that this is the best liquid lippies I’ve ever had. Just like other matte lippies, it is creamy and velvety in terms of texture. Few things that sets this lip ink apart from other lip matte inks is that first, it never leaves my lips looking dry and flaky even after a long day of wearing it. Secondly, it is SUPER LONG LASTING.
I work two jobs, I do alot of talking, eating, drinking. I never needed to do some touch ups while using this product. The only thing is it is gonna be extra work for you to remove it during night time. I tried to wash it of several times with regular soap but it didn’t worked. It left some pigments in my lips. l I tried to use Neutrogena All in one Make Up removing gel and it gets the job done. During the first application, it will feel wet and sticky so make sure that you dry it out for few seconds. One thibg I noticed is that it easily gets in my teeth (most especially the darker shade) when it’s still wet so don’t rush on drying it. Another thing is it is transfer resistant unlike the other regular lippies. I rarely find unwanted smudges on my face, hands or clothes! Lastly, the formula is very high pigmented which means you’ll only need small amount of it to achieve the look you wanted (which is a money saver!) The product comes in a medium sized matte plastic tube with long lip wand.
The arrow shaped sponge applicator at the end of the wand makes it easier to spread the lippies most especially on the corner of your lips.